Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Why I Hate President Lincoln

I know what you are thinking I hate President Lincoln because he freed the slaves. It is clear that that was not the true purpose of the Civil War and happened merely as an afterthought. Although I do not agree with his position on that one and what it is cost our country, I feel freeing them and the poverty and crime that has ensued has been more costly than any other war in history. However, in politicals as I well know you have to barter and freeing the slaves was merely a bargaining chip. No, I hate him because he declared Thanksgiving a national holiday in 1863. Can you believe the sheer magnitude of my hatred toward him? I mean freeing the slaves - okay, everyone makes a political blunder, but instituting a hate crime as a national holiday!

No comments: