Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pseudo Friends and the People Who Have Them

I have observed with humans that they have pseudofriends. What I mean by this is that they will go out with these people for the sheer purpose of getting information. They will smile and laugh with the person and as soon as they leave them begin to tear them apart. I don't understand why do humans spend time with people that they dislike? Are you that desperate for company? Or is that you are that insecure? In the bird world we are much more direct with our opinions of others and we don't falsely pretend to like someone for devious reasons. We also at all costs exude an air of confidence and have a back bone. For instance if someone does us wrong we are done with them. We do not excuse such behavior or find the need to be around it. I find these actions amongst humans very sad and pathetic. Tonight one of my good friends was here and we were having our usual - red wine, sharp cheddar cheese and garlic crackers. I love this friend because I can be myself there are no false airs or need to impress. Often while she is here I have the occassional accident and drink too much wine, but she is my friend and that is the whole idea of a good friend. I know she's not taking notes and not going to run to Frankie and tell him everything we talked about tonight. I think humans should be more like birds and eliminate the bullshit and only spend quality time with real friends. Another thing birds do is end romantic relationships - you humans have yet to get that one down either.

No comments: