Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Maui's Stay in Chicopee State Prison

This past summer I was excited to have my Mommy go to Florida and have my lover all to myself. Only my plan was spoiled when I was abruptly moved in the middle of the night to the Chicopee State Prison. I awoke to loud banging and shooting in the distance with the theme to Bonanza playing in me ear all the time as some kind of torture device.

I would bang my head against the cage in protest. My guards who had the same hair cut as if it were some kind of uniform and whom my lover referred to as grandma and grandpapa would stand over my cage and stare intently at me. I would scream and stare back and begin to bite into the air to warn them to back off.

Finally, after several days of this routine a light bulb went off and I thought "embrace the enemy". I began to eat the food that they put in my cage and then I was given time outside of my cage in the prison yard, otherwise known as the kitchen. On one of these occasions I was let out and given bacon, now some of you may know that as a Jew I do not consume pork. However, on this day I devoured it out of fear.

I sent a message via one of my free friends to my Mommy to hurry home and save me or else there was no telling if I would be alive for her to come home too. Luckily, my Mommy got the message and flew home on the next flight and came to rescue me. But when she got their I was so angry I bit her and drew blood. Little did I know the punishment I would receive for that. My Mommy, whom I missed and thought loved me, began to inflict torture on me too. She went and got the guards' daughter to "cut my feet off". She came down from the upstairs prison where other inmates were held in lock down solitary confinement with a crazed look in her eye holding some kind of machine. It started with a towel thrown over me, so suddenly I am in complete darkness. Next I here a loud machine of some sort with a diamond wheel spinning getting closer to me. My Mommy was holding me down and I was squirming and having flashbacks. Finally, I gave up fighting because I remembered my philosophy that had worked thus far here "embrace the enemy". The strange lady took one foot and used her machine on each one of my toes. Oddly, it wasn't as painful, but then I thought maybe I am in shock. My Mommy didn't seem to mind the sight of blood, so they keep going to the other foot. I was thinking what if they go to my wings next. Why don't they just kill me? It would be quicker, but then the towel came off. I was hesitant to stand, not knowing if I still had my feet because I couldn't feel them. Much to my relief they were still there, but my nails were shorter. WHEW!!!!!!!!!

I still have flashbacks, especially when I see someone with short white hair or smell bacon or when the room suddenly goes dark!

No comments: