Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Maui's Disdain for Obesity

Obesity, my friends, is an Amerian problem. As a dear friend of mine says there is just no need for it. I see you fatties on the street, in restaurants, in the subway, on airplanes and I think to myself is it true that "fat people are typically fascinated by cartoons"?

I invite all of you fatties - yes, you who can't reach your toes, to answer my question.

This just in Thelma weighing in at a lean 350 lbs from Arkansas writes that her favorite cartoon is Tweetie Bird. Well, of course, it is dear.

Today, in my travels I noticed that not only do fat people constantly "snack, munch, or pick at something" - their favorite subject to talk about that's right you guessed it -FOOD! I watched a fatty today snacking and talking about her past meals, her future meals and her present meal as she told me how she is on weight watchers. It's like their eating has a life of its own. They talk about not only what they are going to eat, but where and when and with whom. If obesity sits in your craw like it does mine, this conversation makes you want to become anorexic. My god - fatties you need to get a grip!

Marybeth weighing in at 225 and only 5'2" writes in from her trailer park wearing her housecoat and curlers in her hair (she sent a picture with her letter) that she just loves McDonald's. I bet you do :) - what a shocker. Think about it how many thin people are in line at McDonald's even less at drive through, therefore, making my point. If you fry it, fatties will come.

Also, today I encountered two fat female pharmacists, which is nothing unusual. However, I was telling them about my friend with a sore knee from running. Guess what? They immediately changed the subject - they can't talk about something that they clearly can't relate to. Being my persistent self I brought it up again and guess what subject they switched to? McDonald's French Fries. My God what is the world coming to?

Have you ever noticed how fat people don't eat an entire meal in front of other people? No, instead, they pick and act as if they are full. We know they're not, so why I carry on the charade?

You people have an addiction and I would know being an alcoholic. I was brave enough to seek help and what do you do continue to feed your addicition literally. You have to change the way you think about food - you're not in starvation mode - we have moved out of the caves. I admit I eat a lot, but I am always flying around to burn it off and I eat tiny portions throughout the day. Why don't you follow by my example?

No comments: