Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Big Yellow Monster

I was once a friend to a big yellow monster known as Sandy. Her full name was Sandy Ann Marie Kirkpatrick with the nickname Stinks for obvious reasons. If I flew to the ground, I knew I would for sure be her lunch.

However, when just the two of us were home she would sleep at the floor of my cage. I, of course, would be locked in reminding me of my previous prison days. I took great comfort in knowing that if someone came to my window, Sandy would be fast asleep snoring and twitching. But I always knew that if I screamed loud enough she would saunter to my rescue or at least watch or help me by devoured by the intruder.

I did find that you could easily distract with her food being foremost or a toy. She loved the finer things in life and that is where we agreed. We both loved our red wine.
I think of Sandy often and miss her presence.

No comments: