Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bipolar and Why I Think I Am

First of all, as you can probably tell by now I am highly intelligent. As a bird genius, I am naturally more suspectible than the general public to mental problems. I constantly need mental stimulation, whether it is completing the New York Times Crossword Puzzle in pen or nibbling on a delicious slice of pizza with extra garlic - I must constantly be kept busy. I have been working with my Mommy to teach her the simplest of tricks - for instance, do you realize the amount of training it takes for her to put out her finger and say "step up". You can't believe that that one took a week for her to master. Naturally, my patience over the past few days has been wearing thin with her.

My Daddy came in the other day and I totally lost it with him. I don't know if it was because Mommy drained all of my energy or if I hadn't had enough wine that day, but I went crazy when I saw him. Something came over me and I began violently acting out towards him. The next day we spent the day together and everything was fine, but then he left me alone with Mommy for just a little bit and I had to keep her entertained. When he got back, I again went crazy. I am not sure if I am bipolar or frustrated with my Mommy's stupidity and am taking it out on him. Can anyone in the mental health field render an opinion?

No comments: