Sunday, October 5, 2008

Daddy Likes Old People

What in God's name is wrong with my Daddy that he would take my Mommy to an old people luncheon with old lady entertainment? I'm not talking about an old lady stripper - luckily. No, worse an old lady who thinks that she is funny with her stories. Luckily, my Mommy had enough sense to not force me to go even though Daddy was making her go. Apparently, she went to a luncheon at a country club, where they had an old lady comedian who told stories. I know - why Daddy thought this event would be a good time is beyond me, perhaps, he was drunk at the time he said that they would go. I don't know. When you tell a funny story, here are some guidelines to follow:
1. Make it short - no need to go on and on - you lose your audience
2. Make it have a point - if I need to explain this one we are in trouble..
3. Create it - if I hear one more Reader's Digest story someone is going to harmed.
4. Finally, if it's supposed to be funny then make it funny!
I feel bad that my Mommy wasted her afternoon and was by far the youngest person in the room by several decades.

No comments: