Monday, June 30, 2008

Daddy's a Catholic, Mommy's an Atheist and I'm Scared!

As you all know I am a German Jew and proud of it. However, my Daddy is a Catholic and my Mommy is an Atheist. I am not sure whom I should fear if any. My instinct tells me to fear the Catholic because they are beyond reason and perform rituals without knowing the reason behind it or choose to ignore it. I am afraid of ignorance and you should be too. I am also afraid of rituals for the sake of rituals and not understanding the relevance if any they have to modern day life. The only good thing about my Daddy is he is not an old Catholic - for they are the worse. A unique mix of stubborn, ignorance, with a subtle fear of dying and arrogrance. It is a lethal combination if you ask me. Once anyone begins to use religion to fuel their own agenda the outcome is never good. Few things move people as much as religion I think a close second are the Kennedy's in this state and in general "Patriotism". I guess my point is - whenever someone is "waving" something in my face whether it be the bible or the American flag as to why I should think or act a certain way I know I am dealing with a true idiot and I try to steer clear. If you can't tell me intelligently why to do something and not because of a fear of hell or because God or the President thinks I should, then you have my respect.

No comments: