Monday, June 9, 2008

My List of Grievances Against Daddy

First off let me just state that I love my Daddy. That being established - he has a way ruffling my feathers if you will.

To begin with he walks in after being an absentee father all week and announces in the most annoying voice possible, "It's Daddy!". Oh, is it? Does that mean that I am suddenly to stop what I am doing and drop everything because it's Daddy? A father who doesn't even call me during the week. I think not.

Then he knows I do not care to have my feet touched. What does he do, but touch my feet. I hate it, so I gently withdraw my foot from his grasp and then he grabs the other one. At that point I am left with no choice, but to bite him, which then usually leads to the first fight of the weekend. Daddy then calls me "you little fucker" and flings me to the floor.

After that depending on the severity of the fight, I may or may not talk to him for the rest of the weekend. Next Daddy will take one of my hanging toys and bang it against my cage to make the bell ring - again knowing that infuriates me. I will then beeline down my cage and lunge at Daddy. If this happens, this usually leads Daddy to state "I'm done with you".

Then before you know it's Monday morning and I am waving Daddy goodbye and am back to just me and Mommy, which is what I prefer the most. I say to myself as he pulls away, "until we meet again next weekend, Daddy-o".

No comments: