Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tolerant Southerners....

....is there such a thing? Isn't that like a black Republican? I know that they exist and are not just a myth, it seems impossible to "nail" one down so to speak. I guess tolerant would have to mean diverse too. I don't think that is possible in the "deep South", a place where fucking your cousin and your dog are considered normal behavior. You might wonder why I bring this question up today after my holiest of all holidays, Passover. Well, let's say a little birdie told me that they have hummus and syrian food in them there woods. I was amazed that they allowed Arabs in, considering usually one group is allowed to where white sheets. But apparently when it comes to food it's allowed. Religion or diversity is another matter. But when it comes to a little variety from catfish balls and frog legs, they turn to their trusty Arab friend.

No comments: