Friday, April 17, 2009

A Reason

I love when people say that there is a reason for something bad happening it ranks right up there with it's God's way. Let me clue you in there isn't "a reason" and God's way is nonexistent. "The reason" is scientific and looking beyond that for a reason is simply absurd. I love when I hear someone say "I have a learning disability" for a reason. And what reason would that be? To make you stupid....it's ridiculous. The reason you have the learning disability is scientifically based and that's where it starts and stops. No one ever challenges someone either when they say they are sick for "a reason". Instead, everyone nods their head and shamefully agrees. Of course, these same people pray for an answer or think that their attitude will make a difference in the outcome. It won't - studies have proven that. But people keep doing it. I often wonder if humans are not the smartest and dumbest animal all wrapped into one. How can they have the ability to reason and yet are so unable to employ it? I just don't understand it. I think in some ways animals are smarter. Although they lack much human intellect, in the same breath that doesn't get in the way of their ability to reason life and death, strong and weak.

No comments: