Friday, August 8, 2008

Why I Hate the Olympics

I am so sick and tired of the Olympics. I know it only happens once every 4 years, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last one. All the foolishness and wasted time by the participants and fans. Last time I was suckered in by the ads and I thought okay I should watch this nonsense kind of like why I started to watch Oprah, but I found that it only ruined all good television. Every time I tried to watch a contact sport I saw synchronized swimming or some whimpy past time. It was not even worth opening a beer to watch it. I had called my friends over, had the beers on ice and the chips open - you know first class entertainment - we wanted to watch two big black men pound the living shit out of each other without white policemen to break it up. But what did we see but some foreigners holding hands in a pool with their speedos on, which is so much more than I needed to see.

This year the games have begun and the Americans are practically boarding the next plane home already. Is it the Germans you ask who are winning or the Israeli's - no, it's the Chinese. Tell me it's not fixed.

No comments: